Active Shooter Preparedness
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is offering free resources for Active Shooter Preparedness, including training workshops, webinars, video and other materials. Recent tragic events have unfortunately shown the need for education on issues such as active shooter awareness, incident response and workplace violence.
The DHS is offering these free courses, materials and workshops to better prepare the public to deal with an active shooter situation and to raise awareness of behaviors that represent pre-incident indicators and characteristics of active shooters.
- Active Shooter: What Can You Do Course
- Active Shooter Webinar
- Active Shooter Workshop Series
- Active Shooter: How to Respond Resource Materials (including include a desk reference guide, a reference poster, and a pocket-size reference card)
- U.S. Secret Service Active Shooter Related Research
- Active Shooter Resources for Law Enforcement and Trainers
A video entitled “Options for Consideration” demonstrates possible actions to take if confronted with an active shooter scenario. The instructive video reviews the choices of evacuating, hiding, or, as an option of last resort, challenging the shooter. The video also shows how to assist authorities once law enforcement enters the scene.
For more information please visit: http://www.dhs.gov/active-shooter-preparedness